Free e-books, audio books, music and videos!
Wisconsin's Digital Library (aka OverDrive) is a catalog of free e-books, audio books, music and video that you can check out and download. All you need is a library card to access the collection and, depending on your device, special software to facilitate the download process.
FIRST TIME USERS:
Make sure your device is compatible! Visit the Device Resource Center.
Quick guides / instructions:
- OverDrive-to-Kindle (excludes Kindle Fire; see below)
- OverDrive-to-NOOK (...and most other e-readers; excludes NOOK Tablet)
- OverDrive App for Apple iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
- OverDrive App for Android (Android tablets & smart phones, Kindle Fire, NOOK Tablet)
- Getting started with periodicals from your library http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/1758808?Sup=http://dbooks.wplc.info/Support.htm&nextgen=true&_ga=1.164008569.79544294.1436478341
Checkout limits: A maximum of 10 OverDrive items may be checked out for seven or 14 days at a time; e-books have an additional 21-day option. Except for e-books, items cannot be returned early. Renewals are only possible by checking out the item again, and only if no one else is waiting for it.
Download availability: Not all downloads are immediately available; like physical library items, they only can be checked out to a set number of users at one time. However, you may "place a hold" on any item to be notified when it becomes available. You will receive an email, and the item will be held for you for three days.